Saturday, January 28, 2012

Make Your Own Dishwasher Detergent


^ ^ This is what you need ^ ^

I picked everything I needed from Publix.  This most expensive things were the 24 packs of Kool-Aid ($6.00) and the container ($8.99).  If you have a container, all of this will cost about $20.00.

The blog that I stole this idea from inspired me suggests stirring all of the items together and then pouring them into the container.  I dumped all of the items into the container and shook it really well.  

You'll need:

1 box of Borax
1 box of Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda
3 cups of Epsom salt
24 packages of Lemonade Kool-Aid

Mix it all together.  Pour a tablespoon of the detergent into the dishwasher.  (I have an old cup used to measure NyQuil that I'm using to measure the detergent.)

Sprinkle a tablespoon of Lemi Shine in the bottom of your dishwasher before starting a load.


I googled a label and tada!

If you're making your own Laundry Detergent, you could halve this recipe and use one box of the Super Washing Soda and one box of Borax for both projects.
(Disclaimer: Use this at your own risk.  I make no guarantee that any of this will work.)

No comments:

Post a Comment